For our Deutsch Skandinavische Gemeinschaftsschule (DSG) we are looking for an experienced head teacher (m/f/d) with a Scandinavian profile to start on 1 August 2021, who, together with our commercial management, will drive forward the pedagogical and organisational development of our successfully established school.
Click here for the German version of the vacancy.
- The DSG is an officially recognised school sponsored by the Montessori Foundation Berlin. Currently, we accompany 216 children and adolescents from school entry to intermediate school certificate.
- The DSG follows a reform pedagogical and immersive concept, is oriented towards Montessori educational theory, the work on relationships according to Jesper Juul and promotes multilingual and intercultural learning (Scandinavia-Germany).
- The DSG is bilingual (German-Danish, German-Norwegian, German-Swedish). In addition, all children learn English from the first grade, and Spanish from the 7th grade.
- The DSG is moving forward with digitalisation and is promotingthe integration of digital media in the classes. Since 2019, the DSG has a digital maker space.
- The DSG enjoys high demand and is still growing in the primary and secondary school. In the coming years, the DSG will realise a building project to create more space and possibilities for the implementation of pedagogy and to continue to ensure high quality.
- pedagogical management of the school in close coordinationwith the commercial management (including human resources, quality, information and resource management)
- management of the pedagogical staff (35 employees) and organization of the pedagogical work
- implementation and further development of the pedagogical concept
- promoting digitization / the integration of digital media in the classes
- professional advice for the pedagogical staff and parents of the DSG
- participation in the committees of the DSG (e.g. school conference, parents‘ representation)
- cooperation with the Senate Administration within the framework of the School Law for the State of Berlin (including teaching permits, keeping official appointments)
- representation of DSG in our international network
- contact for sponsors from the German and Scandinavian regions
- accountability to the school board
- exchange and cooperation with other institutions sponsored by the Montessori Foundation Berlin
Your ideal profile
- completed 2nd state examination for the teaching at primary and/or secondary school level I or a teaching qualification recognised as equivalent in the State of Berlin (or equivalent Scandinavian education)
- several years of professional experience as a head teacher at a progressive educational German and/or Scandinavian school
- education / experience with interculturalism or at an international school
- profound knowledge in progressive education and/or Montessori educational theory
- experience in inter-year and differentiated teaching as well as with multilingual school concepts
- knowledge of the German and Scandinavian school system
- good language skills in German, English and one Scandinavianlanguage
- high level social skills
- high level of personal responsibility and decision-makingability
Application and contact
We look forward to receiving your application documents (cover letter, CV, references) by 11 April 2021 via e-mail in a PDF file to bewerbung(at)montessori-stiftung.de.
Please state your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. We would also be grateful if you could tell us how you found out about our job vacancy.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Yvonne Eggert by telephone on +49 (0)30 2148018 43.
Information about Deutsch Skandinavische Gemeinschaftsschule and the Montessori Foundation Berlin can be found at:
Die Montessori Stiftung Berlin ist Träger von Schulen und Kindertagesstätten in Berlin. Alle Bildungseinrichtungen haben sich einem zeitgemäßen Lernen verschrieben, das Kinder nicht nur auf Abschlüsse, sondern auf das Leben vorbereitet.